CityServe offers us, along with our friends and neighbors, an opportunity to give back to our community in diverse ways. Once a month we gather on a Saturday morning to invade an organization such as Community Food and Outreach, Freedom Ride, or No Child Hungry to serve others in grateful response for all God has given us. Through brief tours or orientations, we gain fuller knowledge about the organizations we serve, opening our hearts to the possibility of returning individually or with an independent small team for regular service on a deeper level.
Why City Serve?
- Regular Service: Monthly, Saturday morning opportunities
- Glorify God: We serve in grateful response to all that God has given to us
- Cast a wide net: Opportunity to serve a variety of organizations in diverse ways
- Fellowship: Friends and neighbors, churched and unchurched, serve alongside one another, followed by a time of decompressing by sharing lunch at a local eatery
- Scatter: prepares each of us to find our own special niche for deeper service commitment